At 6kites, we strive to amaze our customers. Over the years, businesses of all shapes and sizes have counted on 6kites to tackle their biggest challenges. Our world-class team of experts knows what it takes to push the envelope of innovation and deliver the amazing. And above all, we strive to build trust by delivering an unmatched level of collaboration and exceptional service. 6kites envisions a world where today’s innovations spark fresh ideas that lead to the emergence of new amazing technologies. We help make innovation possible by enabling companies to increase their agility and innovate faster. Our vision is to propel innovation forward to advance businesses and mankind.
We also believe in creating an environment where happiness at work is a core value, not just lip service. We are committed to ongoing learning, being proud of our work, competitive pay and benefits, living a balanced life, having fun, and building a team bound together by shared core values.
About the position
6kites is seeking a Senior Account Manager to join our team. The Senior Senior Account Manager is responsible for finding new customers and managing the ongoing relationships with existing customers. While other people and teams within 6kites are crucial to the ongoing success of these relationships, the Senior Account Manager stands as the focal point of strategic responsibility, cross-functional coordination, and accountability for outcomes. The Senior Account Manager makes sure that our new and current customers get increasing value out of the services we deliver while also identifying opportunities for mutually beneficial expansion.
The Senior Account Manager works closely alongside 6kites leadership who have years of experience in providing professional services and implementing IT systems to deliver a cohesive and tightly coordinated customer experience. We want our Senior Account Manager to ensure that our customers, in addition to realizing business value beyond their expectations, call us their favorite agency or vendor to work with. Finally, this is a quota carrying role.
We’re looking for someone with at least 7 years of experience in enterprise tech services (IT systems, software development, etc). You must be able to show a proven track record of hitting your quota, demonstrate leadership potential, a willingness to take initiative, and be comfortable working across the entire organization. The ideal candidate should have exceptional outbound prospecting experience, communication and project management skills, be comfortable working with tight deadlines, demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, excel in a fast-paced environment, and show an eagerness to take on ever-increasing responsibilities.
- Build your own pipeline through targeted prospecting and cold calling.
- Respond to incoming leads.
- Develop and own trust and value-based day-to-day relationships with key customer contacts at all levels of the customer organization; serve as a liaison between the customer and 6kites.
- Own resolution of customer issues; support key stakeholders in resolving operational or strategic issues.
- Conduct regular business reviews with the customer to clearly illustrate the value and explore potential up-sell or cross-sale opportunities.
- Plan, coordinate, and close customer renewal opportunities.
- Identify expansion opportunities for additional services.
- Provide centralized project management across all customer activities by maintaining project schedules, campaign status reports, and budgets.
- Minimum of 7 years of sales experience in the tech industry.
- Sales experience at a professional services company.
- Strong understanding of how software is built, IT systems are implemented, and overall strong technical acumen.
- Can work comfortably and effectively from a home office or co-working facility.
- Excellent project management skills – Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks.
- Nimble and responsive to requests with a strong sense of urgency.
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continued learning.
- Ability to use spreadsheets and other similar tools for reporting.
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of commitment and accountability.
- A positive approach to all your work with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers to ensure that all of their needs are understood and addressed.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships to maintain old business and acquire new customers.
- Ability to collaborate with various internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all customer requests.
- Ability to resolve complaints and keep track of all processes that pertain to the customer’s desires..
- Ability to act as the customer’s representative to ensure that their demands are met with a focus on improving the customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales business administration, or a bachelor’s in another field plus relevant experience.
Additional traits were looking for
- Possess general working knowledge of CRMs, various customer engagement, and marketing automation applications.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
At 6kites we’ve come up with a way to combine the best aspects of working virtually, with the power of co-working facilities. We call our model “Co-Virtual.” Co-virtual is a combination of working remotely, and face-to-face time as often as possible. So you might be at home, a co-working facility we pay for, on a beach (working of course), or on Mars (good luck!). Also, here it’s Bring Your Pet to Work day- everyday (well maybe not if you choose the co-working office)! What matters is that we are constantly collaborating via a set of well-proven technologies, and bonding as a team regardless of where we are. Co-virtual works well for many people, but it does require a great deal of discipline, focus, and comfort working independently.
Why you'll love working here
- 6kites is a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- We are 100% committed to being a high-performing virtual company through work at home and co-working facilities.
- Our customers and partners value and respect us, and we feel the same way towards them. This creates a positive environment for everyone.
- We’re a close-knit team that values collaboration.
- It’s not a fire drill every day. We believe in planning, while still remaining agile and responsive.
- There are many opportunities for ongoing learning, challenging projects, and professional growth.
- We are always trying to “+1” ourselves, and we support ongoing professional development.
- We believe in investing in creative team-building activities. Both virtually and in-person when possible.
- We encourage and support taking time-off to recharge.
- The company is run in an “All Hands” approach. Everyone is encouraged to be involved and provide input on every aspect of the business.
- In everything we do, our company is driven by a common purpose and a careful balance of our shared values. These values drive our systems, and the systems lead to behaviors that allow us to “Blow You Away”.
- We are proud members of Pledge 1% giving our time and a percentage of profits to organizations in need.
- 6kites competitive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance. Company-sponsored retirement plan with matching.
- We value diversity at our company. Our team operates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic.
6kites is also a proud member of Pledge 1%, so our employees are encouraged and supported to pursue interests in giving back to their communities.