and watch your
Partner Channel Manager
6kites helps business teams use software to improve their operations and maximize their potential. Whether we are helping companies fully utilize their investments in our platform partner’s products, or building custom applications that meet our customer’s unique requirements, we earn trust by combining expert knowledge with exceptional service. Today, 6kites’ platform partners include Adobe, Atlassian, Hootsuite, IBM, and Salesforce. In all that we do, our goal is to “blow away” everyone we interact with.
At 6kites we’ve come up with a way to combine the best aspects of working virtually, with the power of co-working facilities. We call our model “Co-Virtual.” Our Co-Virtual environment combines working remotely with face-to-face time as often as possible. So, you might be at home, a co-working facility we pay for, on a beach (working of course), or on Mars (good luck!). What matters is that we are constantly collaborating via a set of well-proven technologies, and bonding as a team regardless of where we are. Co-Virtual works well for many people, but it does require a great deal of discipline, focus, and comfort working independently.
We believe in creating an environment where happiness at work is a core value, not just lip service. We are committed to ongoing learning, being proud of our work, competitive pay and benefits, living a balanced life, having fun, and building a team bound together by shared core values.
About the position
6kites is seeking a Partner Channel Manager to join our team. In this position, you will be strategizing, orchestrating, and nurturing industry partnerships with external lead referral sources. You’ll have the opportunity to bring your energy and dedication to every aspect of building the 6kites brand through our vital partner relationships. As our partner manager, you will be integral to helping ensure that we expand our position in the marketplace through effective partnerships that demonstrate our value and trusted expertise. You will also interface closely with various teams to drive effective collaboration on projects and deals.
We’re looking for someone with at least 6 years of experience in a partner manager, partner engagement, or business development capacity. We are a small but mighty team where everyone’s work has a big impact, so you must be able to demonstrate leadership potential, a willingness to take initiative, and be comfortable working across both marketing and sales. You need to have exceptional communication and organizational skills, set and meet realistic goals, excel in a fast-paced environment and show an eagerness to take on new responsibilities.
- Manage the partner sales funnel from end to end, from building the relationship with the partner, to closing opportunities, and everything in between.
- Build partnerships strategy across different business units and negotiate new deals.
- Develop a strategy for external data assets to support 6kite’s services and goals.
- Conduct research on complementary technologies for us to partner with and conduct due diligence with partners to understand data sources, coverage, and quality.
- Build business cases evaluating the benefits and costs of partnership opportunities and negotiate deals for 6kites.
- Manage existing partnerships to ensure quality and value, manage ongoing success, and identify new opportunities to expand the partnership.
- Drive strategic engagements and build effective communication channels with partners and stakeholders.
- Minimum of 6 years experience inpartner engagement, partner marketing, and sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business administration, or a bachelor’s in another field plus relevant experience.
- Proven ability to close complex solutions – Significant experience managing the full cycle all the way through the deal close.
- Subject matter and partnerships expert – Knowledgeable of IT, digital transformation, agile methodologies, and related fields.
- Managing complex partner relationships that touch different parts of the organization and/or require internal trade-offs.
- Strong communicator/Team player – Ability to effectively prioritize projects, but also adept at concisely communicating progress, status, and issues to management or company leadership.
- Can work comfortably and effectively from a home office or co-working facility. Excellent organizational skills – Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in branding and digital marketing in B2B tech.
- Nimble and responsive to requests with a strong sense of urgency.
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continued learning.
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of commitment and accountability.
- A positive approach to all your work with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Additional traits we’re looking for:
- Experience with business development and marketing a professional services company.
- Possess strong working knowledge of CRMs, various customer engagement, and marketing automation applications.
- Solid understanding of how software is built, IT systems are implemented, and overall strong technical acumen.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
Co-virtual work environment
At 6kites we’ve come up with a way to combine the best aspects of working virtually, with the power of co-working facilities. We call our model “Co-Virtual.” Co-virtual is a combination of working remotely, and face-to-face time as often as possible. So you might be at home, a co-working facility we pay for, on a beach (working of course), or on Mars (good luck!). Also, here it’s Bring Your Pet to Work day- everyday (well maybe not if you choose the co-working office)! What matters is that we are constantly collaborating via a set of well-proven technologies, and bonding as a team regardless of where we are. Co-virtual works well for many people, but it does require a great deal of discipline, focus, and comfort working independently.
Why you’ll love working here
- 6kites is a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- We are 100% committed to being a high-performing virtual company through work at home and co-working facilities.
- Our customers and partners value and respect us, and we feel the same way towards them. This creates a positive environment for everyone.
- We’re a close-knit team that values collaboration.
- It’s not a fire drill every day. We believe in planning, while still remaining agile and responsive.
- There are many opportunities for ongoing learning, challenging projects, and professional growth.
- We are always trying to “+1” ourselves, and we support ongoing professional development.
- We believe in investing in creative team-building activities. Both virtually and in-person when possible.
- We encourage and support taking time-off to recharge.
- The company is run in an “All Hands” approach. Everyone is encouraged to be involved and provide input on every aspect of the business.
- In everything we do, our company is driven by a common purpose and a careful balance of our shared values. These values drive our systems, and the systems lead to behaviors that allow us to “Blow You Away”.
- We are proud members of Pledge 1% giving our time and a percentage of profits to organizations in need.
- 6kites competitive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance. Company-sponsored retirement plan with matching.
- We value diversity at our company. Our team operates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic.
6kites is also a proud member of Pledge 1%, so our employees are encouraged and supported to pursue interests in giving back to their communities.