and watch your
Marketing and Sales
6kites helps business teams use software to improve their operations and maximize their potential. Whether we are helping companies fully utilize their investments in our platform partner’s products, or building custom applications that meet our customer’s unique requirements, we earn trust by combining expert knowledge with exceptional service. Today, 6kites’ platform partners include Adobe, Atlassian, Hootsuite, IBM, and Salesforce. In all that we do, our goal is to “blow away” everyone we interact with.
At 6kites we’ve come up with a way to combine the best aspects of working virtually, with the power of co-working facilities. We call our model “Co-Virtual.” Our Co-Virtual environment combines working remotely with face-to-face time as often as possible. So, you might be at home, a co-working facility we pay for, on a beach (working of course), or on Mars (good luck!). What matters is that we are constantly collaborating via a set of well-proven technologies, and bonding as a team regardless of where we are. Co-Virtual works well for many people, but it does require a great deal of discipline, focus, and comfort working independently.
We believe in creating an environment where happiness at work is a core value, not just lip service. We are committed to ongoing learning, being proud of our work, competitive pay and benefits, living a balanced life, having fun, and building a team bound together by shared core values.
About the position
6kites is seeking a Marketing & Sales Coordinator to join our team. In this position, you will be working directly with 6kites senior leadership and be responsible for orchestrating all aspects of our company’s marketing strategy, providing support to sales efforts, and working with our industry partners. You’ll have the opportunity to bring your energy and dedication to every aspect of building the 6kites brand. As our marketing and sales coordinator, you will be integral to helping ensure that we are clearly communicating our position in the marketplace and that everyone who interacts with 6kites has a “Blow You Away” experience from first-contract through an ongoing relationship with our company.
We’re looking for someone with at least 4 years of experience with marketing in the tech industry. We are a small but mighty team where everyone’s work has a big impact, so you must be able to demonstrate leadership potential, a willingness to take initiative, and be comfortable working across both marketing and sales. You need to have exceptional communication and project management skills, be comfortable working with tight deadlines, demonstrate that you are a quick learner, excel in a fast-paced environment, and show an eagerness to take on ever-increasing responsibilities.
- Coordinate marketing activities that align to the company’s vision, growth objectives, and partner-centric approach.
- Provide centralized project management across a wide variety of marketing activities by maintaining project schedules, campaign status reports, and budgets.
- Work with our channel partners on coordinated online marketing campaigns such as blogs, webinars, demos, email outreach, and joint events.
- Assist with the creation of sales materials and content necessary for 6kites and our industry partners to drive sales opportunities.
- Manage the content of the company’s website, including coordinating an upcoming relaunch.
- Support the development of messaging for marketing the company’s various service offerings.
- Track incoming leads via multiple channels, and report on effectiveness of marketing and sales activities.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of content for our blog, social media, whitepapers, and digital newsletters.
- Work with 6kites strategic advisors and outside agencies.
- Perform competitive analysis.
- Assist with promoting 6kites on appropriate online directories and websites (including our partners). Build reach and awareness by growing our audience across multiple online channels.
- Coordinate activities surrounding 6kites brand standards.
- Participate in sales activities resulting from effective marketing campaigns, and continually improve marketing strategies based on learnings from sales.
- Seek and support speaking opportunities and sponsorships.
- Manage the 6kites swag store.
- Maintain our CRM database.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with marketing in the tech industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business administration, or a bachelors in another field plus relevant experience.
- Can work comfortably and effectively from a home office or co-working facility.
- Excellent project management skills – ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks.
- Have proven experience copywriting web content, email campaigns, social and other content.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in branding and digital marketing in B2B tech.
- Nimble and responsive to requests with a strong sense of urgency.
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continued learning.
- Ability to use spreadsheets and other similar tools for reporting.
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of commitment and accountability.
- Positive approach to all your work with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Additional traits we’re looking for:
- Experience with marketing a professional services company
- Experience coordinating work with outside marketing agencies.
- Possess a general working knowledge of CRMs, various customer engagement and marketing automation applications.
- Basic understanding of how software is built, IT systems are implemented, and overall strong technical acumen.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
Co-virtual work environment
At 6kites we’ve come up with a way to combine the best aspects of working virtually, with the power of co-working facilities. We call our model “Co-Virtual.” Co-virtual is a combination of working remotely, and face-to-face time as often as possible. So you might be at home, a co-working facility we pay for, on a beach (working of course), or on Mars (good luck!). Also, here it’s Bring Your Pet to Work day- everyday (well maybe not if you choose the co-working office)! What matters is that we are constantly collaborating via a set of well-proven technologies, and bonding as a team regardless of where we are. Co-virtual works well for many people, but it does require a great deal of discipline, focus, and comfort working independently.
Why you’ll love working here
- 6kites is a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- We are 100% committed to being a high-performing virtual company through work at home and co-working facilities.
- Our customers and partners value and respect us, and we feel the same way towards them. This creates a positive environment for everyone.
- We’re a close-knit team that values collaboration.
- It’s not a fire drill every day. We believe in planning, while still remaining agile and responsive.
- There are many opportunities for ongoing learning, challenging projects, and professional growth.
- We are always trying to “+1” ourselves, and we support ongoing professional development.
- We believe in investing in creative team-building activities. Both virtually and in-person when possible.
- We encourage and support taking time-off to recharge.
- The company is run in an “All Hands” approach. Everyone is encouraged to be involved and provide input on every aspect of the business.
- In everything we do, our company is driven by a common purpose and a careful balance of our shared values. These values drive our systems, and the systems lead to behaviors that allow us to “Blow You Away”.
- We are proud members of Pledge 1% giving our time and a percentage of profits to organizations in need.
- 6kites competitive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance. Company-sponsored retirement plan with matching.
- We value diversity at our company. Our team operates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic.
6kites is also a proud member of Pledge 1%, so our employees are encouraged and supported to pursue interests in giving back to their communities.