At 6kites, we strive to amaze our customers. Over the years, businesses of all shapes and sizes have counted on 6kites to tackle their biggest challenges. Our world-class team of experts knows what it takes to push the envelope of innovation and deliver the amazing. And above all, we strive to build trust by delivering an unmatched level of collaboration and exceptional service. 6kites envisions a world where today’s innovations spark fresh ideas that lead to the emergence of new amazing technologies. We help make innovation possible by enabling companies to increase their agility and innovate faster. Our vision is to propel innovation forward to advance businesses and mankind.
We also believe in creating an environment where happiness at work is a core value, not just lip service. We are committed to ongoing learning, being proud of our work, competitive pay and benefits, living a balanced life, having fun, and building a team bound together by shared core values.
About the position
6kites is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Developer with 7 or more years of experience, to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who will show initiative and leadership, to help 6kites meet our objective of consistently building exceptional software. In this position, you’ll help build custom software applications for 6kites’ customers, as well as marketplace apps for our platform partners. You’ll need to be a quick learner with exceptional technical skills who “blows away” everyone you interact with and is passionate about their work. You must be comfortable working directly with customers and partners, tight deadlines, multitasking and context switching, be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, and show an eagerness to take on ever-increasing responsibilities. We operate as a distributed co-virtual team, so being productive as a remote employee is essential.
- Software development, design, and testing
- Analyzing requirements and translating into elegant, scalable, performant code
- Developing and documenting software requirements, designs and architectures
- DevOps, deploying applications to production and test instances
- Supporting existing software applications, diagnosing problems, and resolving issues
- Communicating and interacting with customers
- Managing agile project plans, estimating, and prioritizing deliverables
- Professional experience using one or more backend web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Python, or Java/J2EE
- Experience developing and/or consuming APIs using REST / JSON, AJAX, or other HTTP-based technologies
- Experience designing for and using databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Ability to interpret UX designs and develop them into beautiful and functional interfaces
- Ability to create and interpret requirements and translate these into highly performant, scalable, and elegant software architectures
- DevOps experience including setting up development and production environments, installing packages, deploying code, shell scripting and automating tasks.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment including experience with unit testing (rspec or similar), test driven development, continuous integration, and scrum/agile planning
- Ability to understand a customer’s business objectives, vision and goals, and to translate these into application design and implementation
- Embrace working with a variety of technical and non-technical customers and team members
- Comfortable moving between development technologies, expanding skills, and eager to learn and take on new challenges
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent experience
At 6kites we’ve come up with a way to combine the best aspects of working virtually, with the power of co-working facilities. We call our model “Co-Virtual.” Co-virtual is a combination of working remotely, and face-to-face time as often as possible. So you might be at home, a co-working facility we pay for, on a beach (working of course), or on Mars (good luck!). Also, here it’s Bring Your Pet to Work day- everyday (well maybe not if you choose the co-working office)! What matters is that we are constantly collaborating via a set of well-proven technologies, and bonding as a team regardless of where we are. Co-virtual works well for many people, but it does require a great deal of discipline, focus, and comfort working independently.
Why you'll love working here
- 6kites is a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- We are 100% committed to being a high-performing virtual company through work at home and co-working facilities.
- Our customers and partners value and respect us, and we feel the same way towards them. This creates a positive environment for everyone.
- We’re a close-knit team that values collaboration.
- It’s not a fire drill every day. We believe in planning, while still remaining agile and responsive.
- There are many opportunities for ongoing learning, challenging projects, and professional growth.
- We are always trying to “+1” ourselves, and we support ongoing professional development.
- We believe in investing in creative team-building activities. Both virtually and in-person when possible.
- We encourage and support taking time-off to recharge.
- The company is run in an “All Hands” approach. Everyone is encouraged to be involved and provide input on every aspect of the business.
- In everything we do, our company is driven by a common purpose and a careful balance of our shared values. These values drive our systems, and the systems lead to behaviors that allow us to “Blow You Away”.
- We are proud members of Pledge 1% giving our time and a percentage of profits to organizations in need.
- 6kites competitive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance. Company-sponsored retirement plan with matching.
- We value diversity at our company. Our team operates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic.
6kites is also a proud member of Pledge 1%, so our employees are encouraged and supported to pursue interests in giving back to their communities.