and watch your
6kites is a fast-growing technology company providing professional services to the world’s most respected companies. Our expert knowledge spans technology strategy, agile product development, software architecture and development, devops, service management, and supporting IT systems. By building and maintaining trusted relationships with our customers and industry partners we are able to help forward-thinking companies transform how they accomplish their most challenging technology projects.
Based out of Boulder, Colorado, 6kites has been successfully operating as a co-virtual company for years. Our growth strategy includes further investment in technology, business processes, and our collaborative culture, which enables everyone at our company to excel and operate at the highest level regardless of where we are located.
About the position
6kites is seeking an Atlassian Consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who will show initiative and leadership to help 6kites meet our objective of being one of the top Atlassian Solution partners. In this position, you’ll work directly with 6kites customers to implement the Atlassian suite of applications, including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and others. At least 2 years experience with the Atlassian applications, 4 – 8 years of experience managing and maintaining server applications and the related technologies and well versed in the Linux and Windows operating systems. You must be comfortable working directly with customers and partners, meeting tight deadlines, multitasking and context switching, be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, and show an eagerness to take on ever-increasing responsibilities. We operate as a distributed co-virtual team, so being productive as a remote employee is essential.
- Install, configure, manage and maintain the entire Atlassian suite of applications
- Configure server platforms running Linux and Windows
- Install, manage and maintain databases running on some of the most common database platforms
- Manage and maintain existing customer systems
- Manage and maintain Atlassian application instances running in the Atlassian cloud
- Assist with customer service and support for existing customer systems
- Manage projects and maintain customer communication
- Assist with planning, requirements gathering and other pre-implementation tasks
- Provide user and admin training on the use and management of Atlassian tools
- Adhere to industry best practices, processes, and standards
- Become an accredited Atlassian Technical Sales Professional (requires 2 Atlassian technical certifications)
- Strong knowledge of the Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle
- Experience with database driven server-based applications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Basic knowledge and understanding of application and network security
- Ability to understand a customer’s business objectives, vision and goals, and to translate these into application requirements and specifications
- Embrace working with a variety of technical and non-technical customers and team members
- Comfortable moving between technologies, expanding skills, and eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Admin experience with Jira, Confluence or any of the Atlassian suite of products
- Bonus: Comfortable working in an agile environment with scrum/agile planning
- Bonus: DevOps experience including a familiarity with Git and setting up development and production environments, installing packages, deploying code, shell scripting and automating tasks
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent experience
Co-virtual work environment
At 6kites we’ve come up with a way to combine the best aspects of working virtually, with the power of co-working facilities. We call our model “Co-Virtual.” Co-virtual is a combination of working remotely, and face-to-face time as often as possible. So you might be at home, a co-working facility we pay for, on a beach (working of course), or on Mars (good luck!). Also, here it’s Bring Your Pet to Work day- everyday (well maybe not if you choose the co-working office)! What matters is that we are constantly collaborating via a set of well-proven technologies, and bonding as a team regardless of where we are. Co-virtual works well for many people, but it does require a great deal of discipline, focus, and comfort working independently.
Why you’ll love working here
- 6kites is a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- We are 100% committed to being a high-performing virtual company through work at home and co-working facilities.
- Our customers and partners value and respect us, and we feel the same way towards them. This creates a positive environment for everyone.
- We’re a close-knit team that values collaboration.
- It’s not a fire drill every day. We believe in planning, while still remaining agile and responsive.
- There are many opportunities for ongoing learning, challenging projects, and professional growth.
- We are always trying to “+1” ourselves, and we support ongoing professional development.
- We believe in investing in creative team-building activities. Both virtually and in-person when possible.
- We encourage and support taking time-off to recharge.
- The company is run in an “All Hands” approach. Everyone is encouraged to be involved and provide input on every aspect of the business.
- In everything we do, our company is driven by a common purpose and a careful balance of our shared values. These values drive our systems, and the systems lead to behaviors that allow us to “Blow You Away”.
- We are proud members of Pledge 1% giving our time and a percentage of profits to organizations in need.
- 6kites competitive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance. Company-sponsored retirement plan with matching.
- We value diversity at our company. Our team operates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic.
6kites is also a proud member of Pledge 1%, so our employees are encouraged and supported to pursue interests in giving back to their communities.